Image above: hidden/revealed, acrylic & ink on aluminum, 17.5 x 23.5 inches

Monday, April 11, 2016

photogravure


I really love how this image came out. It is a dtp photogravure of a digital infrared shot, the sun is very low, just minutes before sunset.

End of Day
Image is 4x5 inches.

This is a proof, using carbon black ink on Rives BFK.  I've found since starting this blog that scanned images for the blog become very noisy, when in reality there is no noise in the file or on the plate.  Guess I'll have to start photographing these works for portfolio when i get around to making another website. [maybe i just need a new scanner lol].

~tim



2 comments:

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Android or iPhone does just fine for blog postings as an FYI...and you can post directly from your phone! What's there not to like? :_)
This image is absolutely beautiful.

Unknown said...

I like the drama of the image. If I am seeing "noise", I like it.