Image above: hidden/revealed, acrylic & ink on aluminum, 17.5 x 23.5 inches

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Linocut practice


It's been some time since I've done any lino work, so thought it would be a good challenge to model one on an old Lynd Ward image.  I've always admired his work and own several of his books.  Lynd Ward worked in woodcut, and detail can far exceed what lino can do as a medium, but I thought it worthwhile to do an image.

So this is based on one done by him in his Vertigo, A Novel in Woodcuts, 1937 and can be had in new paperback edition from Amazon -link to book-.



Thought I came close, after all it was practice.

Below is a relief work from a few years back:


Into The Woods
 is a color reduction woodcut, using birch plywood @ 3/8 inch.
27.5 x 19.25 inches, edition of 4, I've the last one.

~tim



1 comment:

Tania said...

I love the linocut. I have been thinking for doing some now that I have officially retired.